Sep 13, 2021
Our humble adventurers learn
that true love can always be just right under our noses. We listen
to Paranoid, an album that we were basically primed to fall in love
- On today’s Culture Quest Radio segment, we talk
about what movie and band pairing we would’ve loved to see.
- Ynon introduces today’s main topic - Black
Sabbath’s Paranoid. (00:19:00)
- We bring up some general thoughts about the
- We talk specifically about Tony Iommi’s guitar
playing on the album. (00:27:10)
- We talk about the rest of the band a bit, as
- Ynon shares the thoughts he had when he first
heard metal albums from around the time this album came out, and
how he feels about Paranoid today. This sparks a discussion about
what ‘heavy’ means when it comes to music and the heaviest parts in
the album. (00:37:11)
- We check out the album’s cover art.
- We then discuss our favorite and least favorite
- We summarize our thoughts about Paranoid.
- We vote to see if Black Sabbath’s Paranoid has
a place in the
- Peter gives us two albums to choose from to
listen to for our next episode. (01:06:57)
Nirvana - Something in the Way [BBC
Contact us! Send us questions,
ideas, voice mail, criticism!
Visit us: CultureQuestPodcast.com
The Culture Quest Essentials
The Culture Quest Podcast is
part of the All the People Podcast Network! For more independent
podcasts, visit AllThePeopleNetwork.com, follow on Twitter -
@allthenetwork or on Instagram - all_the_people_network.
Cover art by Azeecreations
‘Celebration’ theme by Alexander
Nakarada ( www.serpentsoundstudios.com ).
Electric Funeral by Geezer Butler, Tony Iommi, Ozzy
Osbourne, Bill Ward was performed by Nimrod Gavriel and Ynon
The episode was recorded on July
17th, and originally released on September 13th, 2021.